Oats is considered to be one of the healthiest whole grains with innumerable benefits. It’s a good source of carbohydrate and dietary fiber. It helps in lowering cholesterol level in body.
There are many recipes those can be prepared using oats. Oats porridge or kheer can be had as a breakfast item. This recipe is hassle free and can be prepared instantly.
Here is the recipe.
- Rolled Oats – 1 cup
- Milk (coconut milk or almond milk can also be taken for a healthier version) – 2 cups
- Honey or pure maple syrup – 1/2 tbsp (adjust to taste)
- Almonds (chopped) – 5 to 6
- Raisins – 8 to 10
Method of Preparation:
- Dry roast the rolled oats for few minutes. Do not over roast.
- Add milk slowly with continuous stirring. Let the oats absorb milk. The mixture becomes thick within few minutes. You may add little more milk in order to adjust the consistency.
- After bringing the porridge to desired consistency, switch off the flame. Add honey and raisins. Give a good stir.
- Take out in a serving bowl and garnish with chopped almonds.