Chocolate mousse is my toddler’s all time favorite. Even at times I love to indulge in the heavenly chocolaty mousse. My physician has advised me to follow low carbohydrate diet because of some medical issues. And there was I craving for something sweet very badly. But then I wanted it to be guilt free as well. So I went ahead and prepared this heavenly keto friendly (Ketogenic diet is a type of food habit that includes high amount of fat, moderate amount of protein and low amount of carbohydrate) chocolate mousse.
Read on for the recipe.
- Fresh cream (I used Amul fresh cream) – 2 tbsp
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1 tbsp (increase or decrease as per your tolerance level for bitterness)
- Erythritol (or any sweetener of your choice) – 3 to 4 tsp (adjust to taste)
- Almonds (chopped) – 3
Method of Preparation:
- In a mixing bowl, take chilled fresh cream. Whip for few minutes. Then add cocoa powder, erythritol. Fold everything together.
- Take out in a serving bowl and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped almonds before serving.
Honey joys are kid friendly, one of the most liked snack item all over the world. It does not require any fancy ingredient or cooking skill. It can be prepared within 15 minutes.. no fuss.
The original recipe calls for addition of powdered sugar along with honey. But I did not add any. Instead I added some chopped almonds and some mixed nuts.
Please read on for the ingredients and method of preparation.
- Unflavored cornflakes – 2 cups
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – 50 grams
- Chopped almonds – 5
- Mixed nuts (flax seed, pumpkin seed, white sesame seed, magaz) – 2 tsp
This will make around 5-6 honey joys.
Method of Preparation:
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan. Once the butter melts, add honey to it.
- Mix both honey and butter nicely for a minute till bubbles are formed.
- Add chopped almonds, mixed seeds and cornflakes to the mixture.
- Mix everything nicely so that cornflakes are well coated with honey and butter mixture.
- Switch off the flame.
- Line muffin moulds with muffin paper and while the cornflakes mixture is still hot, add spoonfuls of those into muffin moulds.
- Put the muffin moulds in pre-heated oven at 150°c for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the moulds from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Let those be cooled at least for 30 minutes.
- Delicious honey joys are ready to be served.