Mava (Khova) is condensed milk solid which is easily available in any Indian sweet shop or supermarket. It is mostly used in preparing different kinds of sweets and desert items.
Here I have prepared coconut barfi with mava. Read on for the recipe.
- Mava – 150 grams
- Desiccated coconut – 50 grams
- Sugar – 2 tbsp (can be adjusted to taste)
- Cardamon powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – for greasing
Method of Preparation:
- Crumble mava.
- Heat a pan slightly and put the crumbled mava on it.
- Keep the heat low and stir continuously.
- The mava will start melting and sticking together. At this stage add desiccated coconut, sugar, cardamom powder and mix.
- Stir everything continuously till the mixture forms a soft single mass.
- Grease a plate with ghee. Take out the mava mixture on the greased surface and flatten it with the help of spatula. Keep a thickness of one centimeter approximately.
- Let it cool down slightly and cut into desired pieces at this stage.
- Now let it cool down completely and keep in refrigerator for half an hour.
- Our mava coconut barfi is ready.