So, here is another baking adventure from my kitchen. This time I thoroughly enjoyed baking it and the cookies turned out to be awesome. Crispy from outside and chewy inside. My little one loved it. What more can I ask for 🙂 .
Without wasting much time, here is the recipe.
- Melted unsalted butter (at room temperature) – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 2 1/2 cups
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- White Sugar – 2/3 cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Ground flax seed (2 tbsp) mixed with water (6 tbsp) [alternatively 2 eggs can be added]
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Dark chocolate (grated) – 2/3 cup
Note: Measure all dry and wet ingredients in the same measuring cup.
Method of Preparation:
- Melt butter in microwave for 30-40 seconds and keep outside for bringing it to room temperature.
- Sift all purpose flour, baking soda and salt together and keep aside.
- Mix 2 tbsp of ground flax seed with 6 tbsp of water and keep aside. This will act as egg replacer in the recipe.
- Now, in a mixing bowl, take melted butter at room temperature and add both brown sugar and white sugar to it. Mix everything till slightly frothy. The sugar may not dissolve completely. Leave it as is and add vanilla extract to this.
- Now add the sifted dry ingredients to this mixture little by little and mix gently with the help of spatula. Do not over-mix.
- At the end add grated dark chocolate to this and mix lightly.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a clean wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After two hours take the bowl out of refrigerator and preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- On a cookie sheet or baking paper take equal dollops of cookie batter and place those minimum four inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes (may vary depending on oven performance) in the preheated oven.
- After 12 minutes, take the sheet out and keep on cooling rack. At this stage, the middle of cookie may seem soft. But refrain yourself from over-baking it. Otherwise you will not have the chewy center portion for the cookie.
- Store the cookies in airtight container after those cool down.