It’s been really long I wrote a post here. I so missed it. But I was so held up in some other activities that I would not have any energy left at the end of the day to sit in front of the screen and write.
Finally I could make up some time for myself and here I am. This time I am here with a healthy and delicious laddu recipe which is good for all age groups.
Read on further for the recipe.
- Deseeded dates – 500 grams
- Raisins – 40 grams
- Cashews – 50 grams
- Almonds – 50 grams
- Pistachios – 50 grams
- Walnuts – 30 grams
- Poppy seeds – 3 tsp
- Flax seeds – 20 grams
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 2 tsp
- Dry ginger powder – 2 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- (Optional) Almond oil – 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Put the deseeded dates in a blender and blend to a coarse paste.
- Dry roast almonds, pistachios, walnuts and cashews. Let these cool down and pound to chunks.
- Dry roast poppy seeds and flax seeds separately and keep aside. Grind the flax seed to a coarse powder once those cool down.
- Now heat a non-stick pan and add ghee to it. Then add the ground date paste to it.
- Mix well and let the date paste become tender. Then add raisins and mix well.
- Then add all other dry fruits, poppy seeds, flax seeds powder, cocoa powder and dry ginger powder. Mix everything well.
- Switch off the flame and take out a mixture in a bowl.
- Let it cool down little bit and add almond oil to it.
- Now take small portions of the mixture and give shape of small roundels with the help of palms.
- Grease your palm with almond oil if required and repeat step 9 to make all laddus.
- Enjoy the healthy laddus with your dear ones.