This is the first time I did put my hands on preparing cookies. So, I started with the basic one called Nankhatai. And it turned out to be awesome and everyone in my family liked it. Nankhatai is a good tea time snack.
Here is the recipe for Nankhatai.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Besan or chikpea flour – 1/2 cup
- Semolina or Bombay rava – 3 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup (as per taste)
- Salt – a pinch
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Melted unsalted butter – 2/3 cup
- Tutti frutti – for garnishing
Method of Preparation:
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter.
- Make a firm dough. Prepare small dough balls out of it.
- Press the dough balls a little bit to flatten in shape and press the tutti frutties on top for garnishing. Place the cookie dough balls on a baking tray.
- Preheat oven at 150 degrees C. Place the tray in oven and let the cookies bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down completely and relish with hot tea.