Methi daana or fenugreek seed is said to have a very high nutritious quotient. It helps to cure digestive problems, reduces inflammation in body, controls cholesterol level etc to name a few. Also fenugreek seed is very much beneficial for new mothers. It helps in controlling body internal temperature during winters.
So, here is a recipe for fenugreek seeds laddu apt for winters.
- Fenugreek seeds – 45 grams
- Almond milk – 200 ml
- Almond – 50 grams
- Raisins – 70 grams
- Desiccated coconut – 30 grams
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Palm Sugar or jaggery – 50 grams (adjust to taste)
Method of Preparation:
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds over low medium flame till light brown.
- Let the roasted fenugreek seeds cool down completely.
- Put those in a blender and grind to a coarse powder.
- Soak the ground fenugreek seeds powder in almond milk for minimum of three hours. The mixture becomes thick in texture after soaking.
- In the mean time grind almonds and raisins separately and keep aside.
- Now heat a non-stick pan and add ghee to it. Once ghee is hot, add the soaked mixture to it.
- Mix well for few minutes and then add ground almond powder to it. Stir continuously so that it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Add ground raisins and mix well by continues stirring.
- Now it’s turn to add desiccated coconut and palm sugar. Sugar gives the hint of sweetness to the otherwise bitter fenugreek seeds. Quantity of sugar to be added can be adjusted to taste.
- Mix everything well till a thick mass is formed. Switch off the flame and take out on a plate.
- Let the mixture cool down slightly and make laddus out of it while it’s still warm.
- Tip – If mixture becomes little dry, grease your palm with ghee or almond oil while making laddus.