First of all, a very happy and prosperous new year to all the readers from Flavour Indulgence.
So, another year has stepped in with new hopes, new resolutions and new milestones. I hope I will be able to keep up with the milestones I have set for myself. Amen !! 🙂
I will be starting my first blog of year 2018 with a sweet dish. For this new year eve, I have prepared this egg less chocolate fudge brownies for family and friends. Everybody liked it. The chefs/home cooks out there can relate to the feeling one gets when your dish is happily relished by people around. I was ecstatic as this was the first time I tried my hands on preparing fudge brownies.
Enough of talking now.. 🙂 Let me jump to the recipe of egg less chocolate fudge brownies. Please read further.
- All purpose flour – 250 grams
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Baking powder – 3 tsp
- Baking soda – 1.5 tsp
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – 30 grams
- Condensed Milk – 200 ml
- Milk – 3 to 4 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped dry fruits (Cashews, Almonds, Pistachios) – a handful
- Choco chips – for garnishing
- Brown Sugar (optional) – 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and sieve twice so that all the ingredients will be mixed with each other nicely and air will be incorporated. Keep aside.
- Now in a mixing bowl, take unsalted butter (it should be at room temperature) and add condensed milk to it. Mix well with the help of a spatula or beater (do not over-beat if using a beater). Add vanilla Essence.
- Add brown sugar to this butter and condensed milk mixture and give a gentle stir. I like to keep the sugar crystals intact rather than melting those in butter mixture. This helps in keeping the fudge moist from inside.
- Now, to this mixture, add the mix of dry ingredients little by little. And each time mix nicely with the help of a spatula. Do not use beater here. Use cut and fold method of mixing the batter.
- The fudge batter will be thick in consistency unlike cake batter. If you feel that the consistency is very thick, then add few teaspoons of milk to it and mix.
- Pour the mixture to baking tin. Garnish the top with chopped dry fruits and choco chips. Press the dry fruits gently with hand.
- Preheat oven at 160 degrees Celsius. Then put the baking tin in oven for 40-45 mins. (temperature and timing may vary depending on oven performance).
- After 40 minutes remove the baking tin from oven and check if it’s baked properly by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, then the fudge is ready. Else put it in over for another 5-10 minutes.
- Let the fudge coll down and then unmould it. Cut into desired shaped pieces and serve.
Note – Powdered sugar may be added to the butter mixture if more of sweetness is required.