Paneer Halwa is a delicious sweet dish that can be served either as a snack or desert. It’s a calorie dense (good ones of course) dish. So, it should be consumed in less quantity 🙂 .
It can prepared either with store bought paneer or freshly prepared Chhena. If preparing from chhena, make sure to drain out all the water from it. It should be completely dry.
In this recipe I have used coconut sugar as sweetener. It can be replaced with erythritol or stevia in order to make the dish keto/low carb friendly. Read on for the recipe.
- Paneer – 200 grams
- Almond milk (or diary milk) – 100 ml
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Coconut Sugar – as per taste
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Chopped almonds and pistachios
Method of Preparation:
- Blend paneer and almond milk together to a coarse paste.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add ghee.
- Now add the paneer mixture to ghee.
- Stir nicely. Add cardamom powder. Let the water content evaporate. Keep stirring in between.
- Once the water content evaporates, add coconut sugar, chopped almonds and pistachios. Coconut sugar gives a lovely caramelized color to the halwa.
- Keep flame on medium and the mixture structure become little crumbly.
- Switch off the flame. Garnish with dry fruits and serve.