Yet another curry from my kitchen for those no onion and no garlic days.
This is a simple yet tasty curry that goes well with rice, roti or paratha.
Read on further for the recipe.
- Cabbage – 1 (medium)
- Frozen green peas – 1 cup
- Curry leaves – 7 to 8
- Green chilli (slit length wise) – 4
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Water – 3 cups
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger paste – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Freshly grated coconut – 1 cup
Method of Preparation:
- Chop cabbage into thin and small strips and wash those properly.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seed and cumin seed once oil is hot enough. Let them splutter.
- Add curry leaves, green chillies, and frozen green peas. Saute everything together.
- Now add ginger paste, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala. Stir for few minutes.
- Now add washed cabbage strips and mix everything so that cabbages are coated with spices evenly.
- Now add water and cover the pan.
- Let the veggies boil for 15-20 mins under low to medium flame. Do check in between.
- Once cabbage becomes tender, remove lid and add freshly grated coconut. Give a good mix.
- Our cabbage curry is ready to be served with rice or roti.