Childhood memories always hold special place in our hearts. Those outdoor games, tasty snacks from Grandma’s kitchen etc are the memories that I, my sister and cousins will always cherish.
One such snack is Chini Paratha that we had most of the times after our evening playtime. It’s so simple to make and delicious. Recently I prepared this for my husband and he too fell in love with this Chini Paratha.
Please read on for the recipe below.
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Oil or ghee – 1 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Make soft dough with wheat flour, water and pinch of salt. Cover and let the dough sit for ten minutes.
- Make medium sized balls from the dough.
- Roll the ball up to a diameter of 4-5 cente-meters approximately.
- Spread sugar all over the rolled dough all over and press the sugars a little with fingers.
- Then fold it and spread some more sugar and press gently again.
- Fold it again to a triangular structure. Please check out the picture below for easy understanding.
- Now roll the small triangle gently to make it a bigger triangle. Now our rolled paratha is ready to be cooked.
- Heat a skillet or tawa and place the rolled triangular paratha on it.
- Keep heat on medium low.
- Roast paratha from both the sides. The sugars will caramelize from both the sides and give nice golden colour to the paratha.
- Now spread little oil or ghee all over and flip so that both the sides will be roasted evenly.
- Hot Chini paratha is ready to be served.
Tags: Chini Paratha