Kids love to have snacks those are colourful and tasty as per their taste buds. Sometime back when we had a family get-together at home where kids were also a part of it, I had to come up with some dishes which would be kid friendly and they could also enjoy.
This cheesy veggie toast is one of such dishes that’s not only look wise colorful and vibrant but also tasty and healthy.
Please read on for the recipe.
- Bread slices -10 to 12
- Capsicum (finely chopped) – 1
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
- Some shredded cheese
- Some crumbled paneer
- Schezwan sauce – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
Method of Preparation:
- With the help of any cookie cutter or any sharp mouthed glass/bowl, cut the bread pieces into disc shapes.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped capsicum, chopped onion, shredded cheese, crumbled paneer, salt, tomato ketchup. Mix everything nicely. As this dish was meant for kids, I did not add any chilli powder or flakes. You may add if you wish to.
- Spread little schezwan sauce on top of those bread discs.
- Now place a spoonful of the veggies mix on top of the bread slices.
- Top it up with little cheese.
- Pop the bread discs in to a preheated oven at 180°c for 5-7 minutes.
- Our cheesy veggie toasts are ready to be served now.