Kankada bhaja or forest bitter gourd fry is a one of the liked side dishes with white rice amongst the Odiya people. Though this vegetable is from bitter gourd family, it doesn’t taste bitter.
It’s preparation is very simple. Read on for the recipe.
- Kankada (forest bitter gourd) -10
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
Method of Preparation:
- Wash the forest bitter gourds thoroughly and cut those into disc like shapes.
- Add salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and rice flour to the cut veggies. Toss everything together. If needed add one tsp water in order to make the dry ingredients stick to the cut veggies.
- Heat oil in a pan and once oil is hot enough, place the forest bitter gourd pieces in it.
- Cover and let the veggies become tender.
- Uncover and turn the sides after few minutes. Let both the sides become golden brown.
- Now our delicious crispy kankada bhaja or forest bitter gourd fry is ready.