Most of the times I love to have different kinds of healthy smoothies as my breakfast as that saves me the cooking time. Lazy me 🙂 . But yes, I do utilize that saved time in preparing lunch.. fair enough I guess 😉
This smoothie in context is rich in protein and packed with nutrients. Also it keeps one full for longer. I usually have this smoothie around 9.50-10.00 AM and do not feel hungry till around 2.00 PM. In a nutshell, it keeps me sane at work 🙂
Read on further for the recipe. You may play with the ingredients as per your convenience. You may like to check here for another healthy smoothie recipe.
- Apple (chopped) – Half of an apple (adjust as per your carbohydrate intake)
- Roasted rolled oats (optional) – 1 tbsp (adjust as per carb)
- Almonds – 8
- Whey protein powder (I have taken chocolate flavour) – 1 scoop
- My protein powder (optional) (alternatively you can add varieties of seed mix used in this recipe) – 2 tsp
- Fresh Cream – 10 grams
- Chilled water – 1 cup
- Ice cubes – 2
- Cinnamon powder – 1/3 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Put all the ingredients except cinnamon powder in the blender and blend well. Adjust water quantity as per desired consistency.
- Smoothie is ready. Take it out in a serving glass and sprinkle cinnamon powder on top.
- Enjoy the protein rich drink and stay full for long.