I have learnt this recipe from my Mom. We had green peas lying in freeze for quite some time. And then Mom gave this idea to make curry out of it. This came out to be delicious.
For this curry, first we need to make fritters out of the green peas paste. And then we will make curry with those fritters.
Read on for the recipe.
- Green Peas – 2 cups
- Garlic – 8 to 10 cloves
- Green chilli – 2
- Chopped onion – 1 medium
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Curry paste – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying fritters
- Water – for gravy
Method of Preparation:
- Soak raw green peas in water over night.
- Next morning wash the green peas nicely and put in blender along with garlic cloves and green chillies. Blend to a coarse paste.
- Take the paste out in a container and add salt, turmeric, coriander powder, rice flour and half of chopped onions to it. Mix everything well.
- Heat oil in pan for deep frying. Make small small fritters of the green peas paste. Once the oil is hot enough, add these fritters to the oil.
- Fry on low flame till both the sides are light golden brown.
- Take out the fritters on a paper towel so that the extra oil will be absorbed.
- Now take 1 tbsp oil in another pan and heat it.
- Add rest of the chopped onions to it. Let the onions sweat.
- Then add curry paste and ginger garlic paste. Add little water if required.
- Cover and let it be cooked for few minutes.
- Now add 3-4 cups of water and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the fritters carefully and let it simmer for five more minutes.
- Now switch off the flame. Serve with hot white rice.
- Be careful while serving so that the tender fritters do not break.
- Adjust the water quantity while preparing gravy as the fritters tend to soak up water.
- Optional: one small mashed boiled potato can be added while preparing the gravy in order to make it thick.