Cheesy Soya Cutlet is a delicious snack that can be savoured at any time of the day. It’s a perfect companion for a hot steaming cup of tea. Cheese and soya being healthy options also brings more points to the dish.
Do check out the video for the entire process. The recipe is also mentioned below.
- Soya granules – 1 cup
- Mashed boiled potato – 1
- Chopped onions – 1 medium
- Chopped green chilli – as per taste
- Salt – as per taste
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – as per taste
- Grated cheese (any variety of your choice) – 1/2 cup approximately
- Oil – 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Soak soya granules in hot water with a pinch of salt for 15 minutes.
- To the mashed boiled potato, add soaked soya granules, chopped onion, chopped green chilli, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder.
- Mix everything well with hand.
- Take a small portion of this mixture and shape it like a flat round cutlet. On top of it put little grated cheese. And again top it with another soya mixture cutlet. (Do check the video for the process).
- It will be like two soya mixture layers enclosing the grated cheese.
- Heat a pan and all oil.
- Place the cutlets one by one carefully.
- Shallow fry from both the sides till brown.
- Be careful while flipping to not break the cutlets.
- Take out on a plate. Garnish with grated cheese.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or any dip of your choice.