Fat, protein and carbohydrate are considered as the macro nutrients of our body. Protein is used in our body for building and repairing tissues. Also it’s an important building block for muscles, bones, skin etc. Proper protein intake is necessary in order to save the muscle mass of body.
Here I am sharing the method of preparing protein powder at home. This powder can be had with smoothies of your choice.
- Hemp seed – 50 gms
- Soya bean – 50 gms
- Pumpkin seed – 50 gms
- Flax seed – 50 gms
- Chia seed – 20 gms
- Almond – 25 gms
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- Powdered stevia or any sweetener of your choice – 1.5 tsp (can be adjusted to taste)
Method of Preparation:
- Dry roast all ingredients (Hemp seed, soya bean, flax seed, pumpkin seed, almond) separately except chia seeds.
- Let all the roasted ingredients cool down completely.
- Put all the roasted ingredients along with chia seed in a blender jar and pulse gradually to a powder. Do not over blend.
- Then add cocoa powder and stevia. Pulse for 2-3 seconds.
- Homemade protein powder is ready. Store it in a glass container.
- It can be added to smoothies or overnight oats or any dish where you feel this powder can be mixed.
Total Macros for this protein powder:
- Fat – 81.45 g
- Protein – 70.62 g
- Carbohydrate – 83.87 g
- Dietary fiber – 45.19 g
- Net Carbohydrate – 38.68g