Honey joys are kid friendly, one of the most liked snack item all over the world. It does not require any fancy ingredient or cooking skill. It can be prepared within 15 minutes.. no fuss.
The original recipe calls for addition of powdered sugar along with honey. But I did not add any. Instead I added some chopped almonds and some mixed nuts.
Please read on for the ingredients and method of preparation.
- Unflavored cornflakes – 2 cups
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – 50 grams
- Chopped almonds – 5
- Mixed nuts (flax seed, pumpkin seed, white sesame seed, magaz) – 2 tsp
This will make around 5-6 honey joys.
Method of Preparation:
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan. Once the butter melts, add honey to it.
- Mix both honey and butter nicely for a minute till bubbles are formed.
- Add chopped almonds, mixed seeds and cornflakes to the mixture.
- Mix everything nicely so that cornflakes are well coated with honey and butter mixture.
- Switch off the flame.
- Line muffin moulds with muffin paper and while the cornflakes mixture is still hot, add spoonfuls of those into muffin moulds.
- Put the muffin moulds in pre-heated oven at 150°c for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the moulds from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Let those be cooled at least for 30 minutes.
- Delicious honey joys are ready to be served.