Paneer bhurji (mashed cottage cheese curry) is an instant no fuss item which requires minimum effort. Not much of spices are required for this.
I have prepared this with a little twist by adding grated cheese. I used mozzarella cheese. However any cheese of your choice can be used here.
Paneer bhurji tastes delicious when served hot. Read on further to know the recipe.
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Shredded mozzarella Cheese – 1/2 cup
- Green pea (frozen) – 1/2 cup
- Sweet corn (frozen) – 1/2 cup
- Tomato (cut into small pieces) – 1
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Shahi paneer masala (optional) – 2 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Red chilli powder – 2tsp (as per taste)
- Oil – 3 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Grate paneer.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add tomato pieces. Then add green peas and sweet corn.
- Saute for few minutes till the tomatoes are tender.
- Add salt, turmeric, shahi paneer masala, red chilli powder. Mix everything well.
- Add grated paneer and mix everything nicely.
- Let it be cooked for few minutes. Do stir in between so that the paneer does not stick to bottom of the pan.
- Now add grated cheese and give a good mix.
- Switch off the flame. Cheesy paneer bhurji is ready to be served.
- It goes well with roti, paratha, naan, puri.