Gobi 65 is a popular restaurant dish in India. It can be served as a starter or snack item.
Read on for the ingredients and method of preparation.
- Cauliflower florets – 150 grams
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp (can be replaced with all purpose flour)
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Kasuri methi or dried fenugreek leaves – 2 tbsp
- Coarsely ground white sesame seeds (optional)
- Onion (small) – 1/2 (cut into small pieces)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Hung curd – 3 tbsp
- Oil (for frying) – 3 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Soak the cauliflower florets in water mixed with little turmeric powder for 15 minutes. This will help in discarding toxins if any.
- Make a thick batter by mixing rice flour, salt, half of turmeric, chilli powder. Coat the cauliflower florets in this batter.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the coated cauliflower florets. Remove those on a kitchen paper towel so that excess oil will be absorbed.
- Now add coriander powder, rest of the salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder to the hung curd. Mix well.
- In another pan heat 1 tsp oil. Add cumin seeds. Once those splutter, add in the curd mixture. Keep the flame low. Add little water (around 2 tsp).
- Add in the deep fried cauliflower pieces to the curd gravy and mix everything well. Make sure that the florets are well coated and there should not be any liquid remaining.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coarsely ground white sesame seeds and small raw onion pieces.
- Enjoy while it’s still hot.