Chicken tikka masla is one of the most relished non-vegetarian dishes throughout the country. This includes preparation of tikka first and then adding those to the masala (spicy gravy).
This recipe has been contributed by my dearest friend Anwesha. Thank you Anwe for this 🙂
- Boneless chicken – 500 grams (cube sized)
- Lemon juice – from half lemon
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – half tsp
- Cumin powder – half tsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Onion (small) – 3 (Cut into small pieces)
- Tomato (small) – 3 (Cut into small pieces)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Kasoori Methi (Dried fenugreek leaves) – 1tsp
- Salt – adjust to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves
Method of preparation:
- Take the chicken in a mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, salt. leave it for 10 minutes.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, yogurt. Mix and keep it for marination for one hour.
- After one hour, put the chicken pieces in skewer and grill in oven for 15 minutes at 220°c. Do not put any oil.
- After 15 minutes our chicken tikka is ready.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once it’s hot, add the onion pieces. Saute till golden brown.
- Then add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala. Fry for two minutes.
- Now add the tomato pieces and salt. Fry till the tomatoes are mashed properly. Then add water.
- Let it boil and once the gravy thickens, add kasoori methi and fresh cream.
- Simmer for few minutes and then add in the chicken pieces.
- Stir nicely till the chicken pieces are nicely coated with gravy.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.