Generally cheesecakes are not baked. But this magical three ingredient cheese cake is a baked one and tastes delicious.
- Ricotta cheese – 300 grams
- Sugar – as per taste
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee or Clarified butter (for greasing baking pan)
Method of preparation:
- Take ricotta cheese in a mixing bowl and whisk lightly till slight grainy smooth texture.
- Add sugar (I have used Tata lite powdered sweetener) and cardamom powder. Whisk properly till a cake batter like consistency. If required, a little water can be added for desired consistency.
- Place a butter paper in the baking tin and grease it with little ghee.
- Pour the batter and place another butter paper on top of the batter in order to retain the moisture.
- Bake for around 40 minutes at 150°c. Do check in between as performance of every oven is different.
- After 40 minutes, remove the top butter paper and put the cake again in oven in grill mode for another 10 minutes. This will give a nice burnt crust on top.
- Remove from oven, cool and unmould.
- Baked cheesecake is ready to be served.